Dhanush is an Indian actor who is famous for her work in the Tamil film industry. Dhanush was born on 28 July 1983 in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. His real name is Venkatesh Prabhu Kasthuri Raja. Dhanush studied at Thai Sathya Matriculation High School, Chennai. Dhanush graduated with a BCA (Correspondence) degree from Madurai Kamraj University, Madurai, Tamil Nadu.
|Height||5’ 9” feet inches|
|Body Measurements||38 inches chest,|
30 inches Waist,
11 inches biceps,
Dhanush Family, Education, and Caste
Dhanush father, Kasthuri Raja, is a well-known director and producer in Tamil Nadu and his mom Vijayalakshmi is a Homemaker. He has an elder brother, Selvaraghavan, who is a well-recognized film director and two sisters K. Vimala Geetha, Karthika Devi. He belongs to the Naicker community or Scheduled Caste.
Girlfriend and Wife of Dhanush
Dhanush married Rajnikanth’s daughter, Aishwarya, on 18 November 2004. He has two sons named Yatra, born in 2006, and Linga, born in 2010.
Aishwarya is two years elder to her husband, Dhanush. She is director and singer by profession.
Dhanush made his debut with his father’s age drama, “Thulluvadho Ilamai“. Although the movie did not work well at the box office. He gained instant stardom after the success of his film “Kadhal Kondein,” directed by his elder brother Selvaraghavan. After that, Dhanush has appeared in numerous successful films including “Thiruda Thirudi” (2003), “Pudhupettai” (2006), “Thiruvilaiyaadal Aarambam” (2006), “Polladhavan” (2007), “Yaaradi Nee Mohini” (2008), “Aadukalam” (2011), and “Mayakkam Enna” (2011). In 2012, his wife director Aishwarya R. Dhanush cast him in ‘3.’ Unfortunately, the film failed at the box office. but earned Filmfare Award for Best Male Playback Singer – Tamil, for the song “Why This Kolaveri Di.”
Dhanush made his Bollywood acting debut with the film “Raanjhanaa.” The Flim was a huge success. He produced and acted in the 2014 action comedy film “Velaiilla Pattadhari.” The movie was a Blockbuster and established him as a top actor in Tamil cinema. After that, Dhanush has acted in many movies, including “Maari” (2015), “Kodi” (2016), “The Extraordinary Journey of the Fakir” (2018), “Vada Chennai” (2018), and “Maari 2” (2018).
Next, he played a role in Vetrimaaran’s “Asuran.” (2019) The movie was a commercial success
- Actor: Amitabh Bachchan, Rajinikanth, Mohanlal, Tom Hanks, Al Pacino.
- Actress: Kajol, Simran, Monica Bellucci, Kareena Kapoor.
- Food: Kadala Curry and Idiyappam
- Movies: Pudhupettai, Netri Kann, Baasha, Drushyam (Telugu)
- Colour: Black
- Musician: Ilaiyaraaja
- Color: Snooker, Tennis, Football
- Book: Love Story by Erich Sega
- Football Club: FC Barcelona
Dhanush owns a Jaguar XE, Audi A8, Bentley Continental Flying Spur, and Rolls-Royce Ghost Series II.
Dhanush gets paid more than ₹ 8 -12 crore per film. His net worth is estimated to be $20 million in 2020.
Present address of Dhanush is 16/5, Rajamannar Salai, T Nagar, Chennai
Facts of Dhanush
- Earlier, his father worked in the mill as a worker before working as an assistant director.
- Dhanush usually takes only one day for the dubbing for his films.
- He was just 16 years during his first movie Thulluvadho Ilamai, directed by his father, Kasthuri Raja.
- He only eats vegetarian food.
- Dhanush is mostly a spiritual person rather than a religious person and is an ardent devotee of Lord Shiva
- He was just 21 years old when he got married, Aishwarya.
- He is the first South Indian actor who reached 4M followers on twitter.
- Dhanush became the youngest Indian hero who wins the National Award.
- He also voiced his support for Jallikattu, which was banned by the central government
- His song “Why This Kolaveri Di” becomes 1st Indian video to cross 100 million views on YouTube and also won the YouTube Gold Award.
- Dhanush has written “Kolaveri Di” within 6 minutes.
- He never thought of becoming an actor. Instead, he wanted to become a chef. But his elder brother, Selvaraghavan, who is a director, convinced him to try his hand in acting.
In addition to acting, Dhanush is actively involved in humanitarian activities and Donation.
- In 2015, Dhanush has donated Rs.5 lakh to the Chennai Flood relief.
- In 2018, Dhanush has contributed Rs 15 lakh to the Kerala CM’s Distress Relief Fund.
Dhanush endorsed brands like Airtel, Center Fresh, 7UP, Tata Sky, Kalyan Silks and More.
- In 2011, Dhanush won the Best Actor in National Film Awards, Filmfare Awards South Best Actor Award in Filmfare Awards for his film ‘Aadukalam.’
- In 2005, he has rewarded Best Male Playback Singer in Filmfare Awards South for his song Why This Kolaveri Di From 3.
- In 2012, he was bestowed “Sensation of Innovative Marketing” in SIIMA Awards for Wunderbar Films for 3.
- In 2013, Dhanush was rewarded Best Debutant Actor (Male) in Filmfare Awards for his film ‘Raanjhanaa.’
- In 2014, he was acclaimed Best Children’s Film (co-producer) in National Film Awards for the film ‘Kaaka Muttai.’
- In 2014, Dhanush was bestowed Best Actor in Filmfare Awards and Best Actor in SIIMA Awards for his film ‘Velaiyilla Pattathari.’
- In 2014, he achieved Best Lyricist in SIIMA Awards for his film ‘Velaiyilla Pattathari.’
- In 2014, he won Pride of South Indian Cinema in SIIMA Awards
- In 2015, he was rewarded Best Feature Film in Tamil (co-producer) in National Film Awards for his films ‘Visaranai’.
- In 2018, he won Best Actor in Filmfare Awards South for his film ‘Vada Chennai.’
- In 2018, he won Best Actor in SIIMA Awards for his film ‘Vada Chennai.’