Ajith Kumar is an Indian actor who is famous for his work in the Tamil film industry. Popular among his fans as Thala, he is not just an actor but also a Racer, Test pilot, and More. Let’s take a dig into his personal life, family, religion, girlfriend, career, caste, and other facts of Ajith Kumar.
Ajith Kumar was born on 1 May 1971 (Age 49; in 2020) in Secunderabad, Hyderabad, Telangana, India. Ajith dropped out in Class X from Asan Memorial High School (in central Madras). He was more into extra-curricular activities.
Ajith height is 175 centimeters or 5 feet 9 inch. His weight is 85 Kg or 187 lbs. He has Salt & Pepper hairstyle and eyes are brown in color.
|Height||5’ 9” Feet Inches|
|Hair color||Salt & Pepper|
|Body Measurements||Chest: 42 Inches|
Waist: 34 Inches
Biceps: 14 Inches
Family, Parents, and Caste
Ajith belongs to the Brahmin Caste from Palakkad, Kerala. His father is P. Subramaniam and his mom Mohini, who is Sindhi from Kolkata. Ajith had two brothers, Anil Kumar, who is an investor and is a cost analyst in New York, and Anup Kumar, who is a graduate of IIT Madras, later become an entrepreneur. Ajith had a 2 sister who died at a very young age.
He belongs to a multi-religious family. He was born to a Malayali father
and Sindhi Mother and the middle son of three.
Girlfriend, Wife, and Children
Ajith was dated with his co-star Shalini and proposed to her in June 1999.
On 24 April 2000, Ajith married Shalini in a grand ceremony in Chennai. They have a daughter named Anoushka Ajith, who was born in 2008 and a son named Aadvik Ajith, who was born in 2015.
Ajith Kumar made his acting debut in 1993 with the Tamil Film “Amaravathi.” Next, he played a role in the romantic thriller film “Aasai.”(1995 )The movie was his first commercial success.
After that, Ajith Kumar has appeared in many successful movies like, “Kadhal Kottai” (1996), “Kadhal Mannan” (1998), “Vaali” (1999), “Amarkalam” (1999), “Kandukondain Kandukondain” (2000), “Dheena” (2001), and “Citizen” (2001). In 2007, Ajith featured in “Billa,” which was a big blockbuster movie.
Later, Ajith has acted in many Hit movies, including “Mankatha” (2011), “Arrambam” (2013), “Veeram” (2014), and “Yennai Arindhaal” (2015).
He acted in 3 movies in Siva Direction, including “Vedalam” (2015), “Vivegam” (2017), “Viswasam” (2019). In 2019, Ajith appeared remake of the Hindi film Pink, Nerkonda Paarvai. The Flim was a hit at the box office
- Formula Maruti Indian Championships – 4th place – 2002
- Formula BMW Asia – 12th place – 2003
- Third Best Motor car driver – Participated– 2004
- FIA Formula Two Championship – – Participated– 2010
- Favorite Actor: Amitabh Bachchan, Rajinikanth, Kamal Hassan, M. G. Ramachandran, Rajesh Khanna.
- Favorite Sports: Racing, Cricket, Football, Riding
- Favorite Racer: Ayrton Senna
- Favorite color: Black
- Hobbies: Racing, playing cricket, photography, reading biographies
- Ajith got injured in a racing accident, he had to undergo three major surgeries on his back and was in bed for one-and-a-half years.
- Ajith is a multi-talented personality; apart from the bike and car racing, he is a trained pilot and can fly a fighter jet.
- Before entering the film industry, he used to work as a part-time mechanic and as a garment exporter in Erode for four and a half years.
- When he was only 20, Ajith started a textile-processing agency but lost money in the business.
- He is to use money got from my modeling assignments to buy spare parts for bike and helmet.
- In 2013, Ajith got injured during the shoot of his film Aarrambam and had to undergo knee surgery. In 2105, he again got injured during shooting film Vedalam, he underwent surgery on his knee and shoulder.
- Ajith rejected super hit like Ghajini, Saamy, Khakha Khakha, and Nandha, which were later signed by Suriya and Vikram.
- Ajith is a devotee of Sai Baba.
- He was listed in Forbes Top 100 Celebrities list (Indian edition) in 2014.
- He played the role of the antagonist Susima Maurya in Shah Rukh Khan-starrer Asoka (2011).
- Ajith is a great cook. He cooks biryani to all his co-stars while working on a film.
- Ajith has a hobby of collecting miniature helmets, coins, and stamps. That actor has a unique collection at his home.
In addition to acting, Ajith is actively involved in humanitar ian activities, in 2020, He also donated Rs 1.25 crores to fight against coronavirus. Reportedly, out of this amount, Rs. 50 lakh each will go to Chief Minister Relief funds of Tamil Nadu and PM-CARES Fund and Rs.25 lakhs will go to the welfare of the FEFSI (Film Employees Federation of South India) workers.
- In 2015, He donated Rs. 1 crore to Chennai Flood relief.
Ajith Kumar has a huge love for automobiles and has an incredible collection of cars and bikes.
His car collection includes BMW 7-Series 740 Li, BMW S1000 RR, Ducati, BMW K1300 S, Aprilia Caponord, Yahama FZR, Kawasaki Ninja ZX 14R, and more.
Ajith Kumar endorsed only a few brands like Nescafe Sunrise and More.
With a net worth of around $60 Million, Ajith Kumar gets paid more than Rs 35-40 crore per film.
Filmfare Awards Tamil– Best Actor for Vaali
Filmfare Awards Tamil– Best Actor for Vaali
Filmfare Awards Tamil– Best Actor for Villain