Naga Chaitanya is an Indian actor who mainly works in the Telugu Cinema. He is known for playing the role of ‘Karthik’ in the Telugu Film “Ye Maaya Chesave” (2010). He is the son of the famous actor and producer, Akkineni Nagarjuna.
Naga Chaitanya was born into a prominent family of Tollywood on 23 November 1986 (Age 36 years; in 2023) in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. He also as Nicknames ‘Chay’. Chaitanya studied at the PSBB School, Chennai. He graduated in B. Com ( Bachelor of Commerce).
After completion of graduation, he developed an interest in acting. He enrolled a 3-month acting course in Mumbai and one-year acting course acting and martial arts in Los Angeles. He made a debut at the age of 23 in Telugu Film Josh.
Naga Chaitanya Family, Parents, and Caste
Naga Chaitanya belongs to the Kamma caste. He was born to the Telugu speaking Hindu family. His father, Akkineni Nagarjuna, is an Indian film actor and producer, He produces Films under his production banner Annapurna Studios and his mom Lakshmi Daggubati is a daughter of producer D. Ramanaidu. His parents got separated when he was Younger and both married again.
Amala is his step-mom. He has a Half brother Akhil Akkineni.
Naga Chaitanya’s paternal grandfather is Padma Vibhushan winner and late film actor Akkineni Nageswara Rao.
Girlfriend and wife of Naga Chaitanya
Naga Chaitanya was in a relationship with his co-actor, Samantha Akkineni, from 2010 to 2017.
They got engaged in January 2017. On 6 October 2017, Couple got married in a traditional Hindu Andhra style and, on 8 October 2017, got married in Christian customs.
Naga Chaitanya Career
In 2007, Naga Chaitanya made his debut in movies Josh. buy not done well at the box office.
In 2008, he played the lead in romantic drama Ye Maaya Chesave opposite his wife, Samantha Ruth Prabhu. It was turned out hit at the box office.
Next, he played the role of Balu Mahendra in Sukumar’s “100% Love.” which was hit at the box office. He acted in Manam movie in which three generations of the Akkineni’s family are acting. After marriage, Naga Chaitanya and Samantha paired in Shiva Nirvana directorial Majili.
In 2019, he acted in multi-starrer ‘Venky Mama’ alone with uncle Venkatesh. Which turned out box office hit. Some of his worked films are ‘Dhada‘ (2011), ‘Premam‘ (2016), ‘Sahasam Swasaga Saagipo‘ (2016), ‘Rarandoi Veduka Chudham‘ (2017), ‘Shailaja Reddy Alludu‘ (2018), ‘Venky Mama‘ (2019).
Naga Chaitanya interesting facts
- Naga Chaitanya was born & brought up in Chennai.
- Naga Chaitanya has a smoking habit as well as takes alcohol.
- In school days, He used to play keyboard and bass guitar in his school band and went to Trinity College London to learn keyboard.
- He lived with his mother in Chennai for 18 years, he completed his schooling in Chennai and returned to Hyderabad to pursue his B. Com degree.
- Naga Chaitanya is non-vegetarian
- Naga Chaitanya is from a community called Kamma(caste), from the southern Indian state of Andhra Pradesh.
Naga Chaitanya Awards
- Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut – South for the film “Josh” (2009)
- He won Filmfare Awards South– Best Actor – Telugu for the Film “Ye Maaya Chesave” (2010)
- Nandi Awards for Best Supporting Actor for the film “Manam” (2014)
- SIIMA Awards for Best Actor and Best Actor (Critics) for Manam (2014)
- Santosham Film Awards – Best Actor for Premam in 2017.
- Twitter, Instagram, and more – IMAGE SOURCE