P. V. Sindhu is an Indian badminton player and the first Indian woman to win the silver medal in Olympics. In March 2015, she Honoured with Padma Shri Award, the fourth highest civilian award in India. Sindhu stood at 7th place in the Forbes’ list of Highest-Paid Female Athletes in 2018 and 2019.
Biography & Age
P. V. Sindhu was born on 5 July 1995 (Age: 26 years; in 2021) in Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India. Her real name is Pusarla Venkata Sindhu. Sindhu made international debut in the year 2009 at The Sub-Junior Asian Badminton Championships.
Sindhu completed schooling in Auxilium High School, Secunderabad. She pursued an MBA degree at the St. Ann’s College for Women, Mehdipatnam.
|Height||5′ 10″ Feet Inches (1.79 m)|
P. V. Sindhu Parents, Family and Caste
Sindhu belongs Kamma caste in Andhra Pradesh.
Her parents are a professional volleyball player. Her father, Ramana, is a volleyball player, who Awarded with Arjuna Award in 2000, he won the bronze medal in 1986 Seoul Asian Games and her mom P. Vijaya is a national level volleyball player. Sindhu has an elder sister Divyaram Pusarla who is a professional handball player and Doctor.
Boyfriend and husband of P. V. Sindhu
Still, now no rumors about the relationship of P. V. Sindhu.
In 2009, Sindhu made her international debut in the Sub-Junior Asian Badminton Championships in Colombo as a Badminton Player and won the bronze medal. Next, she played in the 2010 Iran Fajr International Badminton Challenge, where she bagged the silver medal. She won a Gold medal at the Douglas Commonwealth Youth Games in the singles event.
In 2012, PV Sindhu stunned Olympic gold medallist Xuerui by defeating her in China Masters; This was Sindhu`s biggest win in her career. In 2013, Sindhu won Malaysia Grand Prix defeating Juan Gu of Singapore in the final. In the same year, she became the first women’s singles player to win a medal at the Badminton World Championship. In November 2015, PV Sindhu completed a hat-trick of Macau Open titles defeating Japan’s Minatsu Mitani.
In 2016, Sindhu won Malaysia Masters; she won the Malaysia Masters in 2013 also. In 2016, Sindhu became the first Indian woman to win Olympic silver after defect with Carolina Marin in the final. In 2018, Sindhu Become 1st Indian To Win BWF World Tour Finals in Guangzhou, China. In 2018 Asian Games, Sindhu bags historic silver in women’s singles after defeated Tai Tzu-Ying and became the first Indian to win the season-ending BWF World Tour Finals.
In 2019, Sindhu became first Indian to win the gold medal at the BWF World Championships by defeating Japan’s Nozomi Okuhara.
- Favorite Actor: Hrithik Roshan, Prabhas, Ranveer Singh, Mahesh Babu.
- Favorite Actress: Deepika Padukone
- Favorite Food: Chicken Biryani, Pasta, Pizza and Ice-creams.
- Favorite Superhero: Wonder Woman
- Favorite Superhero: Usain Bolt, Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal
- Favorite Color: Yellow
P. V. Sindhu as the net worth of more than $10 million.
Sindhu also endorsed brands like Stayfree Extra Large, Moov, Ojasvita, Bank of Baroda, Panasonic Alkaline, Yonex, Visa and more.
- Sindhu got that much inspired by Pullela Gopichand’s way of play
- Before taking training at Gopichand Badminton Academy, She trained under Mehboob Ali.
- She Started Playing Badminton At The Young Age of 8.
- She Has Received The Padma Shri in the year 2015.
- Hyderabadi biryani, Italian food, and Chinese food is her favorite food.
- In 2016, PV Sindhu’s caste highly searched on Google, most searched by the users from Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
- Sachin Tendulkar is her role model.
- Sindhu is a very hard worker; She revealed that her training starts from 7 AM and ends at 8 PM.
- Watching Movies, doing Yoga is her Hobbies.
- Sindhu appointed as Deputy Collector in the Andhra Pradesh government. Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu personally handed over the appointment letter to Sindhu.
- She became the first Indian to win gold at the BWF World Championships 2019
- In 2014, she was listed as the Indian of the year by NDTV
- In 2019, she received nava nakshatra sanmanam award from honorable Chief Minister K. Chandrashekar Rao.
- she appeared on a cover of this magazine including GRAZIA, JFW, and ELLE.
- In 2018, Sindhu listed as the world’s seventh-highest paid sportswoman on the Forbes list.
- PV Sindhu is presently highest-paid woman athlete in India.
- In 2019, PV Sindhu signed approximately Rs 50 crore deal with China’s premier sports brand Li Ning
- PV Sindhu supported Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev’s Rally for Rivers campaign.
In 2017, PV Sindhu appeared on Kaun Banega Crorepati host by Amitabh Bachchan.
- Sindhu is Right-handed professional badminton player
- P V Sindhu is One person how love Dogs
|24 September 2013||Winner|
Arjuna Award for badminton
CNN-IBN Indian of the Year in Sports
Sportsperson of the year P. V. Sindhu
India’s fourth-highest civilian’s award Padma Shri Award
|29 August 2016||Winner|
Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award for badminton, the highest sporting honour of India.
|January 2020||Winner |
Padma Bhushan, the third-highest civilian award in India
List of medals won by P.V. Sindhu
|Olympic Games||1. Silver medal|
|World Championships|| 1. Gold medal in 2019 |
2. Silver medal in 2018
3. Silver medal in 2017
4. Bronze medal in 2014
5. Bronze medal in 2013
|Asian Games|| 1. Silver medal in 2018 |
2. Bronze medal in 2014
|Commonwealth Games|| 1. Gold medal in 2018 |
2. Silver medal in 2018
3. Bronze medal in 2014
|Uber Cup|| 1. Bronze medal in 2014 |
2. Bronze medal in 2016