Balakrishna is an Indian actor who is famous for his work in the Telugu film industry. Balakrishna was born on 10 June 1960 (Age 62 Years; in 2023) in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. His also called with name Balayya, NBK. Balakrishna graduated with a bachelor’s degree in commerce from Nizam College, Hyderabad, Telangana.
|Height||5 Feet 8 Inches|
|Body Measurements||Chest: 41 Inches|
Waist: 34 Inches
Biceps: 12 Inches
Balakrishna Family, Education, and Caste
Balakrishna belongs to the Kamma caste community.
His father, N.T. Rama Rao is a well-known actor and politician who also worked as Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh for seven years, and his mom Basavatarakam is a Homemaker.
Balakrishna has a seven brother, Nandamuri Ramakrishna Sr. (deceased), Nandamuri Jayakrishna, Nandamuri Saikrishna (deceased), Nandamuri Harikrishna (deceased), Nandamuri Mohanakrishna, Nandamuri Ramakrishna Jr, Nandamuri Jayashankar Krishna, and four sisters, Nara Bhuvaneswari, Kantamaneni Uma Maheswari, Daggubati Purandeswari, Garapati Lokeshwari.
He as stepmother Lakshmi Parvathi.
Girlfriend and Wife of Balakrishna
In 1982, Balakrishna married Vasundhara Devi in a traditional Andhra style. He has two daughters named Nara Brahmani, Mathukumilli Tejaswini, and a son named Mokshagna Teja.
His daughter Nara Brahmani married to a son of formal chief ministers Chandrababu Naidu, Nara Lokesh. His 2nd daughter Tejaswini Nandamuri married to Sri Bharat, grandson of the head of GITAM institutions MVVS Murthy.
Balakrishna made his acting debut in 1974 with the Telugu Film “Tatamma Kala.”
After that, Balakrishna has acted in many BlockBuster films Like “Daana Veera Soora Karna” (1977), “Mangammagari Manavadu” (1984), “Muddula Mavayya” (1989), “Nari Nari Naduma Murari” (1990), “Aditya 369” (1991), “Rowdy Inspector” (1992), “Bhairava Dweepam” (1994).
In 1999, Balakrishna featured in “Samarasimha Reddy,” which was a big blockbuster movie. Later, He fetched in blockbuster Flims- “Simha” and “Legend.” Next, he played the lead role in his 100th film “Gautamiputra Satakarni,” which was a highly applauded performance.
Balakrishna has appeared in more than 100 films and earned numerous accolades, including 4 Filmfare Awards.
- Favorite Actor: N. T. Rama Rao and Akkineni Nageswara Rao
- Favorite Food: Chicken biryani
- Favorite Movies: N. T. Rama Rao movies
- Favorite color: Black, White
- Hobbies: Dancing
- His mother Basavatarakam, died due to cancer, his father NTR set up the Basavatarakam Indo-American Cancer Hospital in Hyderabad in 1986. Balakrishna is the chairman of the trust board of the Hospital.
- Balakrishna was elected as M. L. A. from Hindupur constituency in Andhra Pradesh in 2014 and 2019.
- His movies Bangaru Bullodu and Nippuravava were released on the same day, in 1993. surprisingly both films turned to be hit at the box office with 100 days theatre Run.
- He is a non-vegetarian.
- He has smoking habit and also takes alcohol.
- Balakrishna became popular for is mass dialogues deliver, he as massive mass following in Telugu states.
In addition to acting, Balakrishna is actively involved in humanitarian activities and Donation.
He donated Rs 50 lakh each to Telangana and Andhra Pradesh CM’s Relief Funds to fight the novel coronavirus. He gave an amount of Rs 25 lakh to Corona Crisis Charity (CCC), which was launched by Megastar Chiranjeevi. He also donated food packets to poor people during the nation shut down due to COVID 19 virus.
Balakrishna gets paid more than ₹ 8 -9 crore per film
Nandi Awards – Best Actor for Narasimha Naidu
Filmfare Awards Telugu – Best Actor for Narasimha Naidu
Nandi Awards – Best Actor for Simha
Filmfare Awards Telugu – Best Actor for Simha
Filmfare Awards Telugu – Best Actor for Sri Rama Rajyam
SIIMA Awards – Best Actor for Legend
Nandi Awards – Best Actor for Legend
Filmfare Awards Telugu – Best Actor for Gauthamiputra Satakarni