Karthi is an Indian actor who is famous for his work in the Tamil film industry. Karthi was born on 25 May 1977 in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. His real name is Karthik Sivakumar. Karthi studied at the Padma Seshadri Bala Bhavan school and at St. Bede Anglo-Indian Upper Secondary School in Chennai. He graduated in Mechanical Engineering from Crescent Engineering College, Chennai. He gained a Master’s degree in Industrial Engineering from the State University of New York.
|Height||5 Feet 7 Inches|
|Body Measurements||– Chest: 40 Inches|
– Waist: 32 Inches
– Biceps: 13 Inches
Karthi Family, Education, and Caste
Karthi was born to the Hindu family. He belongs to the Kongu Vellalar Gounder Caste.
Karthi’s father, Sivakumar, is an Indian film actor and visual artist, and his mom Lakshmi is a Homemaker. He has an elder brother Suriya one of the top actor in Tamil cinema and younger sister, Brindha Sivakumar.
Girlfriend and Wife of Karthi
On 3 July 2011, Karthi arranged married Ranjani Chinnaswamy in a traditional style. They have a daughter, ‘Umayaal,’ who was born in 2013. In October 2020, Ranjani gave birth to a boy whom they named Kandhan.
Ranjani graduate in M.A in English Literature and is a gold medalist from Stella Maris College in Chennai.
Karthi made his acting debut in 2007 with the Tamil Film “Paruthiveeran.” The Flim was a huge success and also earned him his First Filmfare. Next, he played a role in films like “Aayirathil Oruvan.” (2010), “Paiyaa.” (2010), “Siruthai.” (2011), and “Biriyani.” (2013). All movie was commercially successful. The movie “Madras” proved to be a turning point in his career. After that, Karthi has appeared in many successful movies, like “Oopiri” (2016), “Thozha” (2016), “Kashmora” (2016)), and “Theeran Adhigaram Ondru” (2017). In 2019, Karthi featured in “Kaithi,” which was a big blockbuster movie.
- Favorite Actor: Rajinikanth and Kamal Hassan
- Favorite Actress: Mahanati Savitri
- Favorite Food: Pickle & Curd rice, Thai cuisine, Dosa
- Favorite Movies: Iranian films
- Favorite color: Black, White
Facts of Karthi
- He adopted a one-year-old white tiger cub, Namratha, by giving a cheque of Rs. 77,000 to the member secretary for feeding and maintaining white tiger cub in the zoo.
- Before becoming an actor he worked as a part-time graphic designer in New York.
- His film Kaithi released in 2019 as No Songs, No Romance, but turn out as blockbuster.
- Karthi chose to spend his birthday in orphanages where donated cycles to the physically challenged and also tailoring machines to women.
- Karthi is a non-vegetarian.
- Karthi launch the organization Makkal Nala Mandram will give an opportunity to his fans to involve themselves in society and welfare activities.
- In September 2010, he became a brand ambassador for Bharti Airtel in South India.
- Karthi also has a good fan following in Tollywood.
In addition to acting, Karthi is actively involved in humanitarian activities and Donations. Karthi regularly donates blood, school bags to kids, sewing machines to women and, bicycles to handicapped personalities. His also brother Suriya runs the organization name Agaram Foundation, which support to educate poor kids.
Karthi endorsed brands like Airtel, Santoor, BRU Instant, Chennai silks, Cadbury Oreo and More.
Karthi gets paid more than ₹ 8 -12 crore per film
Tamil Nadu State Film Awards – Special Award for Perazhagan
Filmfare Awards South – Best Actor for Paruthiveeran
Filmfare Awards South Critics Award – Best Actor for Madras
SIIMA Awards – Best Actor Critics for Madras
Filmfare Awards South Critics Award – Best Actor for Theeran adhigaaram ondru
Edison Awards India – Best Actor for Theeran adhigaaram ondru