Suriya is an Indian actor who is famous for his work in the Tamil film industry. Suriya was born on 23 July 1975 in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. His real name is Saravanan Sivakumar. Suriya studied at the Padma Seshadri Bala Bhavan school and at St. Bede Anglo-Indian Upper Secondary School in Chennai. He gained a BCom (Bachelor of Commerce) degree from Loyola College, Chennai.
He is one of the highest-paid actors in Kollywood. He was listed in the Forbes India list of top 100 Celebrities, 33th in 2013, and 25th in 2017 respectively. He as massive fan-following within and beyond the Tamil film industry.
|Height||5 Feet 7 Inches|
|Body Measurements||– Chest: 40 Inches|
– Waist: 32 Inches
– Biceps: 13 Inches
Suriya Family, Education, and Caste
Suriya was born to the Hindu family. Suriya belongs to the Kongu Vellalar Gounder Caste.
Suriya’s father, Sivakumar, is an Indian film actor and visual artist, and his mom Lakshmi is a Homemaker. Suriya has a younger brother Karthi, who is also an actor in Tamil cinema and younger sister, Brindha Sivakumar.
Girlfriend and Wife of Suriya
Suriya began dating Actress Jyothika. They got married on 11 September 2006 and have a daughter, Diya, born in 2007 and son, Dev born in 2010.
Suriya made his acting debut in 1997 with Tamil film “Nerrukku Ner.” The movie was Average at the box office. After that, Suriya has appeared in many successful movies, like “Poovellam Kettuppar” (1999), “Friends” (2001), “Kaakha Kaakha” (2003), “Pithamagan” (2003), and “Perazhagan” (2004). Next, he featured in “Ghajini,” which proved to be a turning point of his career, which was a big blockbuster movie.
After that, Suriya acted Hit movies like “Vel” (2007), “Vaaranam Aayiram” (2008), “Ayan” (2009), “Singam” (2010), and “7aum Arivu” (2011). Next, he played a role in the action film “Singam II.” The movie was a commercial success. He played the lead role in the film “24,” which was highly praised by the audience. After he played the role of in films like Singam 3 (2017), Thaana Serndha Kootam (2017), NGK (2019), Kaappaan (2019), and Soorarai Pottru (2020).
As a producer, he has produced films like 36 Vayadhinile, 24, Magalir Mattum, and Bhagam Bhag.
- Favorite Actor: Rajinikanth and Kamal Hassan
- Favorite Actress: Mahanati Savitri
- Favorite Food: Pickle & Curd rice, Thai cuisine, Dosa
- Favorite Movies: Iranian films
- Favorite color: Black, White
Facts of Suriya
- His real name is Saravanan, Mani Ratnam, who changed his name as Suriya to keep away from confusion of names with the actor, Saravanan.
- Suriya purchased a saree for his mother from his first salary of Rs 1000.
- At the starting of his career, he worked as a merchandising manager in a garment factory for 3 years.
- Ajay Devgan’s remake his Tamil hit film Singam(2010) in Hindi as Singham.
- He had decided to donate each and every organ of his body after death. He also did campaigning about the need for organ donation.
- He got an offer as an actor when he in 10th class, he rejected since was not interested in acting at that time
- Suriya turned as a producer for his wife reentry film 36 Vayadhinile in 2015
- He has production house 2D Entertainment- named after the first word of his children Diya and Dev.
In addition to acting, Suriya is actively involved in humanitarian activities and donated.
He runs the organization name Agaram Foundation, along with his wife Jyothika, which support to educate poor kids.
- In 2016, the actor was accused of attacking a Prem Kumar, a boy who was having a loud argument with a woman on the road. A complaint was filed against him but he denied allegation imposed on him.
- in the year 23 May 2017, Freelance journalist filed defamation Case against popular actors, including Suriya, R Sarathkumar, Sathyaraj, Vijaykumar, and Sripriya, the court has ordered a non-bailable arrest warrant against them for not appearing before the court
AK International No. 5, Vijayalakshmi Street, Mahalingapuram, Chennai, India
- Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.suriyaonline.com
Suriya endorsed brands like ” Pepsi, TVS Motors, Sunfeast Biscuits, Nescafe, Close-Up, Zandu Balm and Aircel”.
Salary ₹ 20 -25 crore/movie
Filmfare Awards South – Best Actor for Perazhagan
Filmfare Awards South – Best Actor for Vaaranam Aayiram
SIIMA Awards – Best Actor for Singam
SIIMA Awards – Best Actor for 7aum Arivu
SIIMA Awards – Best Actor for Maattrraan
SIIMA Awards – Best Actor for Singam 2
Filmfare Awards South – Critics Best Actor for 24
SIIMA Awards – Best Actor for 24