Radhika Apte was born on 7 September 1985 (Age 37 Years; in 2023) in Vellore, Tamil Nadu, India. She is an Indian actress best known for her work in the Hindi and Telugu film industry.
Her family did not want her child to go through the regular schooling system, so, Apte was schooled along with her four friends. During her school Days, Mathematics is her favorite subject.
Her grandmother Madhumalati Apte helped Radhika to learn Mathematics, who was a mathematician and holds a Ph.D. from France. Apte also received training in Kathak for eight years.
At the age of 18, she involved in Marathi theatre plays. She got fame after her role in the movie Parched(2016).
|Eye color:||Dark brown|
|Height|| in centimeters– 159 cm|
in meters– 1.59 m
in feet inches– 5’ 2”
Radhika Apte Family, Education, and Caste
Radhika Apte was born to the Marathi Hindu family. Her father, Dr.Charudutt Apte, is a Neurosurgeon and working as Chairman of “Sahyadri Hospitals Ltd” and her mom Dr. Jayashree, who is working as Director of “Sahyadri Hospitals Ltd”.
Radhika has a Brother, Ketan Apte, working as Business Head at Sahyadri Hospitals.
Radhika Apte completed her studies from Tilak Nagar High School and graduated in Economics and Mathematics from Fergusson College, Pune.
Boyfriend and husband of Radhika Apte
Radhika was in a relationship with British composer Benedict Taylor and got married in 2012. Her husband, resides in London, while she lives in Mumbai; they often visit each other.
Radhika Apte Career
Radhika Apte started her acting career at the age of 20 in a minor role in the film Vaah! Life Ho Toh Aisi! (2005). Simultaneously, she made her Bengali film debut with the movie “Antaheen” and Marathi film debut with the movie “Samaantar” in 2009.
Radhika made her Telugu debut with the movie “RAKHT CHARITRA” in 2010. She made her Tamil debut in 2012 with a brief role Nalini in the Flim Dhoni and Malayalam debut in film Haram in 2015. Radhika made her Television debut with the “Stories by Rabindranath Tagore” in 2015. In 2017, she acted in superstar Rajinikanth’s Kabali as Kabali’s wife. In 2018, she co-wrote and acted in Karan Johar’s segment Lust Stories as Kalindi. In the same year, She then did the role of Gayatri Laxmikant Chauhan in the movie “Pad Man,” opposite to Akshay Kumar.
Apart from doing lead roles in the films, she has also acted Netflix series like Sacred Games(2018) and Ghoul(2018). for which she also earned a good name as an actor. Some of her short films are ‘Darmiyan ‘(2008), ‘Vakratunda Swaha ‘(2010), ‘That Day After Everyday‘(2013), ‘Ahalya ‘(2015), ‘The Calling ‘(2015), ‘Kriti ‘(2016).
Radhika Apte looks stunning on the cover of a leading magazine like Femina Wedding Times, iDiva, Bazaar India, Maxim, Cosmopolitan India, Grazia, FHM, Garden India, Smart Life, and Better Homes.
- Actor: Jack Nicholson, Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan, Naseeruddin Shah
- Actress: Aishwarya Rai
- Food: Chicken Biryani, Caramel Custard, Rosy Rhubarb Pie
- Film Director: Sriram Raghavan
- Beverage: Black Tea
- Restaurant: Kayani Bakery, Blue Nile, Vaishali in Pune
- Colour: Green
- In April 2015 A video of Radhika Apte went viral on WhatsApp in which she was seen partly nude from below. The video directed by Anurag Kashyap for the international market. A few seconds of the 20-minute film was taken out, put up online which viral on WhatsApp.
- In February 2015 Radhika Apte made headlines in after some nude pictures allegedly Radhika’s pictures gone viral on social media.
- In March 2015, Radhika made a controversial statement on Telugu film industry, by saying ‘patriarchal’ and ‘male chauvinist’. Radhika said, she mostly struggled in the Telugu film industry. She said that actresses were not treated well in the Telugu film industry.
Her present Address is in Versova, Mumbai.
Radhika Apte also endorsed numerous brands like Myntra, Dailycious, Happenstance, Botanical Hair Tonic, Clinique.
Salary ₹ one to two crore/movie
Interesting facts of Radhika
- Radhika Apte is addicted to smoking and also consumes alcohol.
- Radhika Apte donated her organs after her pass away
- Radhika is a Passionate dog lover
- Radhika Apte is a Non-Vegetarian.
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui once revealed that he had a crush on Radhika Apte.
- She was a brilliant theatre artist before acting in movies. She also worked in many Marathi plays.
- She can speak seven languages which are Marathi, Hindi, English, Tamil, Bengali, Telugu, and Malayalam
- She said that her mother threw a party when she had her first period.
- Kalki Koechlin and Radhika are very good friends
- Reading, Listening to Music, and Dancing is her Hobbies
Indian Film Festival of Los Angeles Award for Best Actress for the Hindi film, Parched
Vogue Beauty Awards – Flawless Face
|2016|| Won |
Tribeca Film Festival Awards – Best Actress in an International Narrative Feature Madly
GQ Awards for Woman of the Year