Kajol is an Indian actress who mostly works in the Hindi film industry. In 2011, the Government of India honored her with a Padma Shri.
Kajol was born on 5 August 1974 (Age 48 Years; in 2022) in Mumbai, India. she started acting at a young age of 16, while she had been doing her schooling. Kajol proceeded to acquire the most Filmfare Award for the Best Actress five occasions for her performance within an NRI at Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995).
She studied at the St Joseph Convent boarding school in Panchgani. Apart from her studies, she engaged in tasks, such as dance.
|Height||5′ 4″ Feet Inches|
Kajol Parents, Family and Caste
Kajol was born to the Mukherjee-Samarth movie family. While her father Shomu Mukherjee has been a film director and producer, Tanuja, her mother, is an actress. After suffering from cardiac arrest, her father was expired in 2008. When she had been still young, her mother and father separated. Growing up among two separate cultures, her mother has been Maharashtrian, and her dad is Bengali. Her younger sister, Tanishaa, is also an actress.
Her maternal aunt was celebrity Nutan and her maternal grandmother, Shobhna Samarth, and great grandmother, Rattan Bai, were both included with Hindi cinema.
Boyfriend and husband of Kajol
Kajol was married to actor Ajay Devgn on 24 February 1999 in the traditional Maharashtrian style. She was pregnant for the first time in 2001, but she suffered a miscarriage. They together have a daughter named Nysa born in 2003 and a Son named Yug was born in 2010.
Kajol made her acting debut at the age of seventeen in 1992 with film Bekhudi. She finally dropped out of school to pursue a full-time profession in the movie.
She played a lead Character in Karan Arjun (1995), Ishq (1997), Pyaar Kiya To Darna Kya (1998), Pyaar To Hona Hi Tha (1998), Hum Aapke Dil Mein Rehte Hain (1999), Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995), Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998), Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham (2001), Fanaa (2006), My Name Is Khan (2010), Dilwale (2015).
She’s Showcased as a talent judge for Zee Television ‘s reality show Rock-N-Roll Family.
- Actor: Ajay Devgan, Shah Rukh Khan
- Actress: Sridevi
- Destination: Europe
- Food: Pizza, Spaghetti Salad with Olives, French Fries
- Perfume: Cool Waters
- Director: Adithya Chopra
- Book: Notes to Myself
- Colour: White
Kajol gets paid more than ₹ 10 to 12 crores per film.
In 2016, Kajol ended her longtime friendship with Karan Johar, because of the clash of Karan Johar’s Ae Dil Hai Mushkil and her husband Ajay Devgn’s Shivaay. Karan said I don’t have a relation with her.
5/6, Ground Floor, Sheetal Apartments, Opposite Chandan Cinema, Juhu Tara Road, Juhu, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400049
Kajol endorsed brands like Joyalukkas, Huggies, Whirlpool, Alpenliebe, and Pepsi.
Kajol owns a lot of luxury cars that include Mercedes Benz SUV.
- She got an offer to act in Aamir Khan’s 3 Idiots (2009), yet she denied the offer as she was not satisfied with her role.
- Kajol is a social activist and is noted for her work for widows and children, for which she obtained the Karmaveer Puraskaar in 2008.
- Reading, Knitting is her Hobbies
- In Interview, she revied that she cannot cook at all
- In 2010, Kajol became the first Indian actress to be called by NASDAQ for opening the American stock exchange.
- If not in the entertainment industry, Kajol would like to be a psychiatrist.
- In 2006, miniature dolls of Kajol, alongside Hrithik Roshan, Shahrukh Khan and Priyanka Chopra, were launched with the name of Bollywood Legends in the United Kingdom.
- she owns an online portal name, Cineexplore for there production company, Devgn Entertainment and Software Ltd. the company also into developing software for TV and music videos.
Filmfare Awards – Best Actress for Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge
Filmfare Award – Best Villain for Gupt: The Hidden Truth
Zee Cine Awards – Best Negative Role for Gupt: The Hidden Truth
Filmfare Awards – Best Actress for Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
Filmfare Awards – Best Actress for Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham…
|2002|| Winner |
Zee Cine Awards – Best Actress for Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham…
Star Screen Award – Best Actress for Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham…
Filmfare Awards – Best Actress for My Name Is Khan
Star Screen Award – Jodi No. 1 for Dilwale